Goodyear, Ariz., Jupiter, Fla., LakePoint Sports Complex (Emerson, Ga.)
Be our hands and eyes on the ground. By this we mean the D&O Intern will be out in the field on almost a daily basis focused primarily on operating the TrackMan system and ensuring data quality measures are effectively in place at the point of capture. As part of the unique partnership between Perfect Game and TrackMan, you will be an integral piece of ensuring the added TrackMan value to players, coaches, college teams, and Major League teams.
At TrackMan Baseball we measure stuff – the speed, spin and movement of pitched and hit baseballs.
We do this using proprietary 3D Doppler radar hardware and software. The majority of Major League teams use our products and services for player development and evaluation. We also work with collegiate, Japanese and Korean teams, premier amateur baseball organizations, broadcasters and equipment manufacturers.
Our business is growing fast. By the start of next season we will have a network of radars installed in more than 100 stadiums on three continents, and dozens of remote systems traveling the US.
- Becoming an in-house expert for Perfect Game in the TrackMan Baseball system.
- Setup and maintenance of the TrackMan system per the defined requirements.
- Operate the TrackMan system and ensure all data is being captured effectively and accurately.
- Support the TrackMan and Perfect Game data operations teams in ad-hoc data requests and evaluations.
- Support the Perfect Game event staff in any additional areas to ensure successful event activation.
- Current college student or recent graduate with education focused on Sports Management, Statistics / Mathematics, Operations Management, or similar
- Ideally an individual who is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude who can work individually while also supporting a larger team
- An ability to work through ambiguity and adaptable while working in fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills (regular use of the TrackMan application)
- Strong knowledge of baseball rules
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Experience in Project Management a plus
- Basic database and/or analytics experience a plus
- Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Experience with operations, marketing, project management and statistics within a baseball setting.
- Strengthen your baseball analytics knowledge through access to game data and individual queries.
- Work within two growing companies ingrained in baseball culture. Compensation: This position is compensated.
Send a resume to
email@example.com. No phone calls please.