WHAT WE TRACK
We track 27 different data points per play.
Click below to understand a few of them a bit more
Relative speed of a pitch, in MPH, at the moment the ball leaves the pitcher's hand
Top Pitch Speed: 103.01 MPH
A primary indicator of swing and miss ability, the speed the ball is spinning as it leaves the pitcher's hand in RPM
Top Avg. Curveball: 3083.78 RPM
Distance from the rubber the pitcher releases the ball in effort to reduce distance to home plate
Top Extension: 8’10”
Direction the ball is spinning as it leaves the pitcher's hand
Average RHP Curveball: 8:00
A primary indicator of raw power, it's the speed of the ball in MPH at the moment of contact
Top Exit Speed: 120.24 MPH
Distance, in feet, the ball travels before it lands, or would've landed if it weren't caught
Top Distance Tracked: 478.98 ft
An indicator of hit quality, the angle of how steeply up or down the ball leaves the bat
Average Hit: 11.63°
An indicator of hit quality and power, the time the ball spends in the air off the bat
Average Home Run: 4.94 Seconds
With a global footprint, we’re looking to bring a new perspective and value to the game of baseball
AT TRACKMAN BASEBALL WE MEASURE STUFF -
THE SPEED, SPIN AND MOVEMENT OF PITCHED AND BATTED BASEBALLS
We do this using propriertary 3D Doppler radar hardware and software.
The majority of Major League teams use our products and services for player development and evaluation.
We also work with collegiate, Japanese and Korean teams, premier amateur baseball organizations, broadcasters, and equipment manufacturers.
Our business is growing fast.
By the start of next season we will have a network of radars installed in more than 100 stadiums on three continents, and dozens of remote systems traveling the U.S.
Looking to join a dynamic and diverse team dead set on changing the baseball landscape?
Check below for new opportunities
TrackMan is seeking a Regional Operations Coordinator
The Regional Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the installation and calibration of TrackMan systems in baseball stadiums, as well as TrackMan’s presence at amateur baseball events.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Field Operations in addition to working in close collaboration with product management and IT.
TrackMan develops, manufactures and sells 3D ball flight measurement equipment used in a variety of sports.
Today, TrackMan is a world leader in ball flight and club data measurements and the company is considered to have set the industry standards for accuracy in golf and baseball.
At TrackMan Baseball we measures stuff - the location, trajectory and spin rate of pitched and batted balls - and provide real-time feedback for coaching and a new set of statistics for analyzing player performance.
TrackMan Baseball is used by the majority of Major League baseball teams, their Minor League affiliates, and premier collegiate and amateur baseball programs.
With radars installed in over 150 stadiums across three continents, and mobile units traveling throughout the US, we are rapidly expanding and looking for qualified people to join our team.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the operational and marketing needs for the TrackMan system at amateur baseball tournaments.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the installation and calibration of TrackMan systems at pro and college stadiums.
- Hire and manage part-time staff (amateur events) and local contracting support (stadium installations) on an as-needed basis.
- Clearly communicate TM’s plans with customer staff and customer concerns to TM management.
- Manage and track costs against pre-defined budgets on a per project basis.
- Ensure job-site safety during installations and events in accordance with best safe work.
- Document project plan status during planning, execution, and post-installation phases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on the successes, challenges, and lessons learned from each installation and event.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a larger team
- Comfortable performing physical labor and basic mechanical tasks
- Detail oriented, with ability to follow instructions when working with complex systems
- Computer literate with ability to troubleshoot technical issues encountered when installing and calibrating TrackMan systems
- Self-starter with ability to set and manage to goals
- Problem Solver: Analyzes problems and makes sound, timely and cost-conscious decisions
- Team player with the ability to effectively balance the requirements of cross-functional stakeholders such as facility supervisors, project managers and IT support
- Likes to travel and able to be on road for long periods of time with little supervision
- Hard worker with a can do attitude and difficult to stress
- Strong communication/people skills
- Any experience with electrical installations is a plus
- 4 year degree from accredited college (degree in engineering is a plus)
- Location of position to be determined during hiring process (FL, GA, AZ, CT regions)
- Ability to travel at least 75% of time
- Compensation commensurate with experience, qualifications, and education level
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
TrackMan Analytics / Operations Intern
Join TrackMan’s team as an Analytics/Operations Intern for TrackMan Baseball, a US based sports technology firm.
You will take on a critical role in a small, fast moving entrepreneurial company that is breaking new ground in sports.
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for reviewing TrackMan data from a significant number of MLB, Minor League baseball, NCAA stadiums and numerous amateur tournaments during the 2016 baseball season.
You will also have the opportunity to perform statistical analysis as directed.
We are hiring on a rolling basis, and the internship wraps up at the conclusion of the Major League baseball season, with the opportunity to stay on for further projects.
Candidates with only summer availability will also be considered for a shorter term internship.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to break into the baseball community and get experience with data available exclusively to professional baseball teams.
Full training is provided and you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with members of the TrackMan staff and interface with our partner teams.
Weekend and evening availability is important.
- Excellent knowledge of baseball
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with others
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of databases, SQL, and R statistical software.
- Experience working with large baseball related data-sets.
- Python or other scripting language experience is a plus.
$12.50 an hour
Send a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.